Parent’s Night Out Guidelines
Heights Preschool PNO is open to children ages 12 months and walking to 10 years old. We are open on
designated Saturdays from 6pm-10pm. Staff will allow parents and children in the main door at 5:55pm.
Children will participate in outdoor activities (if appropriate), an art or craft activity as well as free
play. Dinner is served at 6:30pm. Children will be able to change into pajamas or stay in their play clothes after dinner. Everyone will then enjoy story time. At bedtime, a movie will be shown
and children will be tucked in to sleep on cots or sleeping bags.
Parents may enroll their children by completing the enrollment application (one form per child). The child
does not need to be enrolled at Heights Preschool to attend an Parent’s Night Out.
Reservations are made on a first come first served basis. Late reservations will be accepted subject to
availability. Reservations must be made by phone or via email. You may make a payment when you drop off or you can drop a check or cash off at 2064 Oxford St in the mail slot by the front door prior
to that evening. If you no show you are still responsible for paying for the parent's night out. We staff according to the number of registered students. There is no discount for coming
late or picking up early from parent night out.
Pizza is now included.
Drop Off Procedures
Please come in and help your child put their labeled extra change of clothing, diapers if required, lunch
kit (if brought) and sleeping items (pillow, blanket, lovie) in the designated area. All items should be carried in a tote bag or backpack clearly labeled with your child’s name.
Please escort your child to a staff member. Do not drop your child off or leave without a staff member
acknowledging your arrival. If the group is outside during your drop off, please do not allow your child to follow you back through the building unless accompanied by a staff member.
After your child is situated, please do not forget to do the following:
• Sign in on the Roster. Be sure to let us know if a person other than yourself will be picking up your
child. Also, please notify that person to bring a photo ID to verify their identity.
• Be sure to leave a number where you or an emergency contact may be reached. This number should be written
on the Roster.
Parents who bring their children’s food and drink should label their lunch kit, sippy cups and/or
Parents should bring their children dressed in comfortable clothing. You may bring sleepwear if you would
like your child to change after dinner. Each child should bring a complete change of clothing regardless of their age.
We have cots for the kids to sleep on. Please bring a blanket.
Children participating in Parent’s Night Out are expected to follow our behavior guidelines while in our
• Have friendly touches • To learn
• Have listening ears • To have fun
• Take care of myself as best I can
If children are unable to
follow these guidelines you will be called to pick your child up.
Pick Up Procedures
• The front door of our facility will be locked, so please knock.
• Be prepared to show a photo ID upon arrival.
• Be sure a staff member has seen you and that you sign your child out on the Roster.
• Please remember to take your child’s belongings with you.
• Parents or authorized persons that arrive to pick up a child from Heights Preschool will not be permitted
to do so under the following circumstances:
• Person appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
• Person appears to be emotionally unstable
• Person threatens a child in the presence of a staff person
The determination of whether the adult poses a threat to the child is made solely by the staff of
Preschool and will be supported by law enforcement, if necessary.
Our staff members are part of our Heights Preschool team. They have gone through training including
CPR/First Aid, developmentally appropriate practices, state standards and other various trainings. We are licensed by the State of Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Kelly at 713.880.5437 or